Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Deadpool Addendum (aka: "argh")

So, not too long after I finished my embarrassingly long love letter to Deadpool, I came across this interview with current writer, Daniel Way, wherein he answers fan questions about Wolvie and Wade. Evidently, he has big plans in the near future for everyone's favorite mercenary, plans that no one's ever done with him before. In his own words: "The first year involved him proving that he’s the best mercenary in the world. He eventually does that; but only to himself. But what he realizes is, that’s not enough. The second year will be about Deadpool’s quest to be something new, something he’s never really been before – a hero."

Really? Really Daniel Way? That's so original and fresh and "outside the box" of you! No one's ever had that idea before.

That's funny, I wasn't aware that Marvel had started doing DC-style retcons where you basically scrap everything and start over fresh, but that's the only explanation I can find for Mr. Way's above comment in the light of nearly seventeen years of continuity. Come on! Why is no one at Marvel tapping him on the shoulder and saying, "excuse me, but here's some back issues you may want to read so you don't just start re-hashing everything that's already been done". Pardon my snark, but really, this is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment